Question: Is the Yamaha Transacoustic piano an acoustic piano with volume control or a digital piano with strings?
The new breed of piano where the soundboard is turned in to a loudspeaker allowing you to play digital sounds using the natural resonance and nuances of the Yamaha U1’s acoustic cabinet. All sound genuinely comes from the sound board. Play as a normal piano or choose to have digital sampled sounds played back through the piano soundboard with the hammers stopped from hitting the strings, and the ability to lower the volume, and all with no compromise to your playing
- A real fully stringed quality crafted Yamaha U1 piano
- Enjoy a great selection of sampled digital sounds including sample Yamaha CFX grand piano, electric pop piano, harpsichord, jazz organ and more
- Mix in digital sounds such as strings with the realacoustic hammer and strings tone of your Yamaha U1 piano
- Play pre recorded backing tracks
- This is also a silent piano allowing you to play with headphones on (and enjoy the bulit in digitally sampled piano sound)
We often have even better prices offered in store so do get in touch with us
U1TAPE Polished Ebony RRP £11,480 Web Price £11,083
U1TAPW Polished White RRP £12,060 Web Price £11,851
The Acoustic Piano (Yamaha U1) (Over 100 Years of Piano Making History)
A respected choice of piano among professional musicians and institutions.
- Advanced design giving a rich and resonant voice with evenly balanced timbre across the entire keyboard
- Special rib configurations add strength to the soundboard, while back posts and other advances further enhance rigidity, resonance and structural stability
- Specially designed and sourced hammers providing optimum tone production, response and durability
- Soft close fallboard which prevents the key lid from abruptly dropping, guarding against injury and damage. Extra features such as the soft close lid and lengthened music rest are just an example of the little luxuries that make a big difference.
The Silent Piano
The Yamaha Silent Piano system uses it’s unique sound-damping capabilities to allow you to play your piano with headphones (without disturbing others). Flick the middle pedal and the hammers no longer hit the strings and you will instead hear the latest Yamaha sampled piano sound through your headphones but with no compromise in how the piano keyboard performs or feels – giving you the best of both worlds, an acoustic piano and a digital piano all in one.
|A little more about our piano service
Why not drop in and visit our showroom and see and try the latest in Yamaha pianos for yourself